Nick joined Rock in January 2017. He brings over eighteen years of experience in the railway industry in both the UK and mainland Europe, with a particular focus on the rolling stock market.
Nick’s career includes two executive roles at major rolling stock manufacturers. Firstly at Hitachi Rail Europe, where he was responsible for the sales, commercial and strategic planning activities of Hitachi’s rail business in both the UK and Europe. He developed, led and implemented Hitachi Rail Europe’s early new business strategy for mainland Europe including senior level engagement with SJ (Sweden), SBB (Switzerland) and DB (Germany). More recently Nick was UK Sales Director and a member of the Executive Management Team at Siemens Rail Systems with responsibility for overall Sales performance of the Rail Systems Division in the UK.
Prior to this Nick worked for the ROSCO HSBC Rail (now Eversholt Rail Group) for nearly ten years in a number of roles. He held overall responsibility for all activities relating to its portfolio of Intercity and Freight rolling stock assets, including relationship management, engineering and project management.
Nick brings with him a comprehensive knowledge of the UK and European rolling stock market and will support Rock Rail’s business development and asset management capabilities as it continues to grow its rolling stock portfolio.
- Intercity Express Programme – Commercial Lead for Hitachi Rail Europe, winning bidder
- Thameslink – Commercial Lead for Hitachi Rail Europe
- S-Bahn Hamburg – Project Lead and Bid Sponsor for Hitachi Rail Europe
- Crossrail – Bid Sponsor for Hitachi Rail Europe
- South West Trains Class 707s – Bid Lead and Sponsor for Siemens Rail Systems, winning bidder
- New Tube for London – UK Bid Sponsor for Siemens Rail Systems
- GTR Moorgate Tunnel/Class 717s – Bid Sponsor for Siemens Rail Systems